Monday 10 August 2009

Monday...Monday....

OK, so the week starts here!

So a typical day for me should start with the alarm going off at 5am, me getting out of bed and sleepily wandering into the bathroom to get showered, dry my hair, straighten my hair, put on my makeup and get dressed, all before 6am when I should then go into the little mans room with his bottle in hand and feed him his first lot of calories for the day.....

Well I say 'should' - That did not happen today! - The first bit happened (well that's good start isn't it?)...My alarm did go off, and yes, I clearly remember me telling myself to 'get out of the bed' I obviously didn't listen though, as I then suddenly jumped up from our bed to check my phone, only to see it was 5.23am! WTF! Where did those 23minutes just go?!..... SHIT!!! I must have dozed back off!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

OK so I know its not the end of the world and it could have been a lot worse! It could have been 6.23am instead of 5.23am, but those 23minutes are very precious! Those 23minutes I just wasted by dozing means I'm going to have to sacrifice something......

My mind quickly remembers the list of things I have to do before I leave the house at 6.50am...

Normal Day -

5.00am - 6.00am
- Shower
- Dry hair
- Makeup
- Dressed
- Make the bed
- Tidy up my crap (makeup/brushes etc...)


6.00am - 6.50am

- Feed the little man
- Take him downstairs..
- Change his nappy
- Pop him in his highchair
- Put kettle on
- Brush little mans teeth while kettle boils.
- Play with the little man
- Mum arrives
- Tell Mum what food to give the little man, and give any general advice...
- Cuddles with the little man and a story
- Me and the other half leave for work....

As you can see it's quite a lot to squeeze in before I leave the house.

OK...So what do I sacrifice?....I refuse to miss out on the 50 short minutes I do get with the little man in the morning, and I did have a bath last night...so........no shower for me today! That's that decided!

I then start to try squeeze in all the other things I have to do!

Isn't it funny.... do you ever notice that when you get up late, you end up panicking and rushing about so much your usually ready with extra time to spare...Why don't I manage to get ready this quick on a normal day?

Maybe I could have had my shower after all....

0 comments: