Friday 14 August 2009

6 years of happiness and many more to come :)

Today is mine and the other half's 6th anniversary!!! And what a happy 6 years they have been :)

It's hard to believe it was a whole 6 years ago when he asked me out! 6 years!!! That time has just flown!!! I still remember clearly the day he asked me to be his girlfriend! It feels like it was a few weeks ago not 6 bloody years!!!

I was a young 16 year old (aw www) and it was the summer I had left school, I was at work at The Deli - it was my little part time job that I had started when I was 15. It was a Thursday (I remember that because I used to work til 10pm on a Thursday) and it was time for my break, so off I went to my locker to get my bag. I first checked my phone as I always did when I started my break - I still do actually....

Anyway there was a text from who is now known as 'the other half' which wasn't unusual as we were always texting each other, so I sit down in the break area and start to read the text, well my heart starts thumping hard, it was as if it was going to burst out of my chest! You know the feeling!....
......No, I must be reading it wrong! Surely I'm imaging these words! so I re-read the text a few times over before it sinks in, I then realise its nearly time to get back to work! SHIT!!!! OK what should I say back? I mean, yes of course I wanted to be his girlfriend, but I can't just say yes, I need to write something nice back but I don't have to much time to write a message back, but I also can't keep him hanging on for an answer, he might change his mind ha ha....

I can't remember exactly what he text me now, nor can I remember what I text back but, what I do know is he asked me out and I said yes :)

6 years on were now engaged with a son and totally happy!

We moved in together after 13 months, it wasn't the nicest of flats but it was our first home -well you've gotta start somewhere don't you :o) ....and over the years we have gradually upgraded.
In 2005 we moved into a gorgeous apartment (I miss that place) and then in 2007 we bought our house! Yes 2007! The peak of the housing market! Not that we knew that at the time :( We were desperate for a house and a garden though, and we knew that one day we would have a family, so getting a house was the next natural step for us.

Just months after moving into our house we decided to start trying for a baby :o) and in Feb 2008 we got our positive pregnancy test! WOOOOOHOOOOO!
9 months later our gorgeous son arrived - the day before his Daddies birthday (and no I really couldn't wait the extra day ha ha!) this then made us grow from a couple to a family! A very happy family. About 6 weeks after the little man was born, the other half proposed! It was such a shock! I honestly never expected him to propose! Of course I am happy he did though :)

So now here we are....
I'm a very happy girly, I have my dearest other half, my 9 1/2 month baby boy, were due to get married (one day), we are all healthy and love each other dearly, and most of all we are happy!

I'm soooo looking forward to all the happy years we have ahead of us.

I honestly know that before we know it we're going to be the old couple sat on Blackpool promenade, our walking sticks will be placed at the side of the bench and we will be sharing a bag of chips reminiscing over the past 60 odd years we have shared, talking about our beloved children and grand children..........(OK, OK! we might not share a bag of chips, we might have a bag of chips each instead! I don't share food ha ha) but nether the less reminiscing about our wonderful life.......

....................HAPPY TIMES :o) xxx

Happy Anniversary Babe! I love you with all my heart!!! xxxxxxxx

0 comments: