Saturday 26 September 2009

Snot, Snot & more Snot....

When I arrived home yesterday from work, I was greeted with a whingy baby, Oh No! The poor little man is ill! - Runny nose, cough, high temp the works. It seems to have appeared quite quickly as he was fine when I left in the morning....
So, last night wasn't the best... we tucked him up for bed with the recommended dose of calpol, hoping this would help the little man feel a little better. He went off to sleep fine which was good but ended up waking about 3 times, twice before the other half and I went to bed and once at 3.30am :(
I'm not used to the night waking anymore, he's slept through since about 10/12 weeks so it kills me when he does wake in the night now. I won't complain though as he went back to sleep easily once I gave him his dummy :) plus hes got a good excuse, he's ill the poor little thing.

He was good though and then didn't wake till 8.00am for his bottle,and then went back to sleep till 10am! He's a good baby isn't he!

I have to admit I thought we were in for a day of whinging today with him being ill, but hes been such a pleasant little boy, even with the nose full of snot and the cough. Luckily his temp is OK now. The only downside is whatever he has, I've now caught.... my throat is killing, my body was aching this morning, I just hope it passes quickly. I've not been very lucky sickness wise since the little man was born. I was ill about 5 times in the 1st 4 months after he was born, which was not good!

The other half went to the chemist for us though, so were all dosed up on drugs today haha! I just hope they work! I hate being ill! but I hate it even more when the little man is ill. You can't help but feel soooooo sorry for him, poor little thing!

Here's hoping whatever we have passed nice and quickly! :)

0 comments: