Saturday 19 September 2009

Weight Loss! Yay!!!

So during my pregnancy I put on a lovely 3stone! It wasn't a surprise though as I think I ate enough for the whole of Manchester ha ha!

Eating for two...Pah! I was following an eat whatever, whenever rule!

TBH I didn't really worry about my weight during my pregnancy, I decided to enjoy eating and not feeling guilty about eating too much!

Well..OK...I might have worried a little when the stretch marks appeared, but there wasn't much I could do about them by the time they appeared. It was like one day I had none, the next day tonnes appeared on my Legs! NICE! No creams or oils helped them (although I have to admit I only tried them for about a week and gave up haha!)

I think I just tried to remember that the food I was eating was helping my baby to grow and develop, I remember once I woke up with my belly rumbling and I panicked! I was worried that if I was hungry then my baby must have been too, so I just ate and ate instead.

9 Months and about 3 stone later, my little man arrived weighing a healthy 8lb 11oz! I knew he was going to be big, because at all my midwife checks I was continuously measuring big for my dates.

So my little man was out, but my appetite had not changed at all! Eeek!!! I was stuck in maternity clothes still as none of my old clothes would fit!

I couldn't continue to eat as much as I had been doing, there was no baby to take some of it from me. It was so close to Christmas though and I refused to started dieting just before Christmas, I wanted to enjoy it, so that meant eating all the lovely christmassy foods - Yummy yummy :o)

My Plan was to start dieting in the new year! Such a typical new years resolution!

To my surprise when I weighed myself at the beginning of the year I had already lost about 2 stone since the birth, which I'm guessing was mostly baby and fluid...

So my first aim was to try and get to my pre pregnancy weight, which was only about 7lb away.

It took me about 4 weeks to do that by following weight watchers (weight watchers is fab, it really does work!) But I wasn't happy after that, I still couldn't fit in my old clothes despite weighing the same as I had done before...Humph! Whats that all about?!

I then set a new target, I wanted to loose an extra 10-14lbs, so I carried on with weight watchers and over the next 2 weeks I managed to loose an extra 5lbs - Yay!! This is going good!!

So in 6 weeks I managed to loose 12lb, I was very pleased! I hadn't done any exercise, and I find Weight Watchers very easy to follow, but after 6 weeks I got stuck!

That was mid Feb and for the past 6 months I've been losing and gaining the same 2lbs! Grrr! Maybe I'm just meant to be this weight? Or maybe I'm just not trying hard enough! If I'm honest I did stop following weight watchers properly, mainly because I had started weaning the little man and I didn't have time to worry about what I was eating as I was concentrating on giving him a good diet, but I was finding that I was also eating his leftovers, which really wasn't helping, most of the time I'd do it not even realising! Ooops!

Anyway - since I've been back at work I've stopped being the leftover eater ha, which has helped lots as I've now lost a further 4lbs! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

I'm very very pleased, and its given me motivation again to get to my goal! Only another 5ish lbs to go :o)

I wonder how long it will take me?

0 comments: